Sunday 10 May 2009

The Gamer In Me

Everyone has one. That little person inside them that gets pleasure from solving puzzles, racing through crowded streets (human mowing is optional), or gunning down your enemies.

Anyway... Instead of hitting you with a wall of text I will simply do a Q&A.

When did you feel you first became a gamer?

I see it as when i was about 10. Saw a single page add for Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos and, at the time I was into warhammer. Being young and naive I assumed Warcraft and Warhammer was one and the same, making WC3 the next game on my list. Anyway... Long story short, played for hours on end, enjoying all the custom games and making a lot of friends. I think once you join a guild/clan your gamer status actually kicks in, and it didnt take long for me as I really put the hours in even at a young age. DotA 2 seems to keep me going now which has been long awaited.

What was your first console?

I had a Sega Megadrive but I never really played it. My first real console that stuck was the Sony Playstation. This console was blisters galour! Tekken was my drug!

Do you consider yourself a console or pc gamer?

To be honest, this changes very often. I have a PS3, Xbox 360 and a fairly decent PC. I have stopped with the hardcore clan matches that came with the PC FPS territory and moved over to consoles. However, the games are more expensive and I dont get to multitask as easily as usually I will be switching between game and msn to keep my girlfriend from losing interest in me and to stop me being too bored when Im dead. So, I guess I am just an all round gamer.

What's your favorite genre?

MMOs are easily my weakness. I pile so many hours into leveling and farming because I love the social aspect and the teamwork involved. WoW had me hooked for a long time but I overcame it... briefly. Im still looking for the next big MMO though

That's it for now. I was planning on doing more but I am getting too distracted so I will just leave it at that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment